Iseborn web site/Backup
The relevant data on my web site consists of the following:
- Main site settings files such as php.ini and .htaccess.
- The main site implemented with WordPress:
- The main WordPress installation.
- Installed WordPress plugins and themes.
- WordPress settings files.
- The WordPress database in MySQL.
- The wiki implemented with MediaWiki:
- The MediaWiki installation.
- Installed MediaWiki plugins and themes.
- MediaWiki settings files.
- The MediaWiki database in MySQL.
- General MySQL settings.
- Personal MySQL data tables apart from those (none so far).
- Non-Wordpress pages and functions:
- Einstein quotes.
- General data directories:
That may seem like a lot of stuff, but keeping it backed up should not be too much of a problem. To simply back up the whole site all the time would be too slow, take up too much disk memory, and would be a waste of time and effort since most of the site data is completely static. So I will do this in the following parts:
- WordPress: The non-static files and the database contents for the WordPress part is backed up continually using theUpdraftPlus plugin that I have installed. It backs up everything (the database and files) related WordPress on the site to my Google Drive once a day, and sends a status notice to me via email after each backup so the I know that everything worked.
- MediaWiki: I have not been able to find